A thin, slightly sweet pizza crust with delicious crispy edges and beautiful color.
SIMPLE SWEET POTATO PIZZA CRUST
- ½ teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1-pound, peeled and finely shredded/grated)
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray. Brush it with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Working in batches, spoon the sweet potato into a nut milk bag and twist/squeeze it to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Dump the mixture into the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, press/spread the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper keeping the mixture a bit thicker around the edge.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place a 14-inch round pizza screen on top of the pizza tray. Invert the tray so the crust falls onto the screen with the bottom facing up. Peel off the parchment paper. Bake on the pizza screen for 7-10 minutes or until the crust starts to brown around the edges.
- Slide the crust back onto the 14-inch round pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake for 5-7 minutes more or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 371mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook