Get your veggie fix with this delicious plant-based pizza crust made with fresh cauliflower and broccoli, either finely chopped or riced.
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI PIZZA CRUST
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely chopped fresh cauliflower or cauliflower rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely chopped fresh broccoli or broccoli rice
- ½ cup (2 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chickpea flour (also known as garbanzo bean flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 large scallions, finely chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1 clove minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray. Brush it with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Dump the mixture into the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, press/spread the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place a 14-inch round pizza screen on top of the pizza tray. Invert the tray so the crust falls onto the screen with the bottom is facing up. Peel off the parchment paper. Quickly and carefully flip the crust back over so the more browned side is facing up. Bake for 15-20 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake for 5-7 minutes more or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 745mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3gShare on Facebook