Almond flour and tapioca flour unite to form this paleo friendly pizza crust that can be mixed up, rolled out, baked, and ready for toppings in under 20 minutes.
QUICK PALEO PIZZA CRUST
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) almond flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) tapioca flour, plus extra for rolling
- 2 teaspoons grain free baking powder (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray and brush it with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add the eggs and stir until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough in the center of the parchment/pizza tray and sprinkle some tapioca flour on top. Using clean hands or the pizza roller, press/roll the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper. Sprinkle on more tapioca flour as you go, if needed, to prevent sticking.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen.
- Bake for 5 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray, layer on toppings of your choice, and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
To make a batch of grain-free paleo baking powder mix 2 tablespoons cream of tartar with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon of tapioca flour.
Serving: 2🍕slices | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 570mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3gShare on Facebook