Pulled pork is comfort food at its finest! Pile it high on a bun and top with coleslaw and your favorite barbeque sauce. Use any leftover as a pizza topping. This easy recipe is great for feeding a crowd.
EASY SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
- 4-4½ pound boneless pork butt, sometimes called Boston butt
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons barbeque rub, store bought or make your own (see notes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- Massage the barbeque rub all over the meat and place it in the slow cooker insert along with the chopped onion. Sprinkle on the minced garlic and pour the orange juice on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Shred the meat with two forks (it should fall apart easily).
Barbeque Rub (for 4-4½ pounds of pork)
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1¼ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Serving: 6-ounces | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 901mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5gShare on Facebook