Here’s the pizza crust version of a baked potato. It’s easy to prepare and requires just 2 large baking (russet) potatoes.
RUSSET POTATO PIZZA CRUST
- 1½ pounds russet potatoes (about 2 large) scrubbed and cut into ½ inch cubes (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pan.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Dump them into the pizza pan and spread them out evenly.
- Roast on the bottom rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with a toothpick. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Leave the potatoes in the pan and, using a potato masher or the tines of a fork, smoosh/mash them. Press the potatoes into one even layer so they fill the pan. Brush ½ teaspoon of olive oil on top and sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Brush the remaining ½ teaspoon of olive oil on a 14-inch round pizza tray and place the tray on top of the pizza pan. Invert the pizza pan so the crust falls onto the pizza tray with the bottom facing up. Gently peel off the parchment paper.
- Return to the oven (on the pizza tray) for another 10 minutes.
- Layer on toppings of your choice and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 299mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook