Baby potatoes – boiled, smashed, and then roasted – make an awesome pizza crust for any number of toppings.
BABY POTATO PIZZA CRUST
- 1½ pounds baby potatoes
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender and can be easily pierced with a toothpick, anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on the size. Drain the potatoes and place them on a clean dish cloth to cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pan. Brush with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Transfer the potatoes to the pizza pan and smash/flatten them with the tines of a fork. Using clean hands and an offset spatula press the potatoes out into one even layer so they fill the pan. Brush ½ teaspoon of the olive oil on top and sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Brush the remaining ½ teaspoon of olive oil on a 14-inch round pizza tray and place the tray on top of the pizza pan. Invert the pizza pan so the crust falls onto the pizza tray with the bottom facing up. Gently peel off the parchment paper.
- Layer on toppings of your choice and return to the oven (on the pizza tray) for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 308mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2gShare on Facebook