This recipe, made with healthy ancient grains, produces a thin and crispy pizza crust.
QUINOA FLOUR PIZZA CRUST
- 1/2 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ cups (5½ ounces) quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or pizza seasoning
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ cups water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pan with a 12-inch circle of parchment paper. Brush it with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour, sugar, seasoning, baking powder, and salt. Add the remaining olive oil (2 tablespoons), garlic, and water. Stir until a smooth batter forms. Pour it into the pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 minutes. (See notes.)
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Place a 14-inch round pizza tray on top of the pan and invert the pan so the crust falls onto the pizza tray with the bottom facing up. Peel off the parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes more on the pizza tray.
- Layer on toppings of your choice and bake in a 400-degree oven (on the pizza tray) for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
The batter for this pizza crust is very thin. Make sure your oven rack is level, otherwise the batter will pool to one side of the pan and you won’t get an even crust.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 356mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook