Get ready for a crispy exterior and a tender, chewy interior with all the yeast-y flavor of traditional pizza crust. For best results, use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour in this recipe.
QUICK GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA CRUST
- ¾ cup warm water (110 – 120 degrees F)
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups (10½ ounces) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, plus extra for rolling out the dough (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let sit until the surface is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, olive oil, egg, vinegar, and salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough in the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper and sprinkle some flour on top. Using the pizza roller, roll the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper. Sprinkle on more flour as you go, if needed, to prevent sticking.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen. Bake for 8 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
This recipe works well with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. If you use a different brand of gluten-free flour you may have different results as the blend of flours used in gluten-free flours/baking mixes varies depending on the brand.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 620mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook