This pizza is reminiscent of a caprese sandwich. The bite-sized mozzarella balls, known as ciliegine, have a delicious smooth and luscious texture and retain their shape while baking. If grape tomatoes aren’t available you can substitute cherry tomatoes in this recipe.
QUICK GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA CRUST with grape tomatoes, basil, and ciliegine mozzarella
- 1 Quick Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- 1½ cups (7 ounces) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (5 ounces) ciliegine mozzarella, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ ounce (about 2/3 cup) fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the pizza crust on a 14-inch round pizza tray.
- In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, salt, and pepper together. Dump the mixture onto the pizza crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the tomatoes and cheese are heated through.
- Scatter the basil on top.