These sweet, sticky, delicious onions are an easy, more flavorful alternative to caramelized onions. They’re great as a pizza topping and as a condiment for grilled meat.
- 2 large white onions about 1 pound each
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each onion, through the stem/root ends, into quarters and peel away the skins. Cut each wedge in half again. (You’ll have 16 wedges in total – 8 from each onion.)
- Separate the onion layers and put them on a baking sheet.
- Mix together the vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the onions. Stir to evenly coat all the onions.
- Roast for 1 hour on the bottom rack of the oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
Serving: 2-ounces | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 202mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook