Move over beef meatballs! These lamb meatballs are a delicious change of pace and are packed with so much savory Mediterranean flavor. They’re delicious dipped in Tahini Yogurt Sauce and make an incredible pizza topping.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/3 cup (2¾ ounces) whole milk, full fat, Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1½ teaspoons Greek seasoning (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all the ingredients, shape into 12 meatballs, and place them, evenly spaced, on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes rotating the baking sheet and flipping over the meatballs halfway through the baking time.
- Serve with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
You can purchase Greek seasoning or make your own. To make your own combine 2 teaspoons each of oregano and garlic powder, with 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and dill, and ½ teaspoon each of peppermint, nutmeg, red pepper, and chives.
Serving: 3.75🍕ounces (about 3 meatballs) | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 418mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1gShare on Facebook