This is a thin pizza crust with delicious crispy edges and small bits of cauliflower visible. It’s suitable for lighter toppings and makes a great appetizer.
APPETIZER CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- 1 pound frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or rice crumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 clove minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the cauliflower according to package directions and let it sit for a few minutes to cool. Using a potato masher, a fork, or a flat-bottomed glass, mash and break apart the florets until only small pieces remain.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray. Brush it with the olive oil.
- Spoon the cauliflower into a nut milk bag and twist/squeeze it to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Dump the mixture into the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper. Using wet hands to prevent sticking, press the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper for an ultra-thin crust or into a 9-inch circle for a thicker crust.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen. Bake for 5-7 minutes more on the screen or until the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5-7 minutes more or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 385mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3gShare on Facebook