This hearty vegetable based pizza crust calls for 2 pounds of frozen cauliflower florets and produces a golden delicious crust.
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- 2 pounds frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs or rice crumbs
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the cauliflower according to package directions and let it sit for a few minutes to cool. Using a potato masher, a fork, or a flat-bottomed glass, mash and break apart the florets until only small pieces remain.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray. Brush it with the olive oil.
- Working in batches, spoon the cauliflower into a nut milk bag and twist/squeeze it to extract as much water as possible. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Dump the mixture into the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper. Using wet hands to prevent sticking, press the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen. Bake for 5-7 minutes more on the screen or until the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5-7 minutes more or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving size: 2 slices (1/4 of crust), Calories: 266, Fat: 9g, Saturated fat: 4g, Unsaturated fat: 5g, Trans fat: 0g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Sugar: 6g, Sodium: 783g, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 16g, Cholesterol: 104mg
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 783mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook