A low-carb, light but satisfying pizza crust made predominantly from egg whites. Perfect for breakfast pizzas.
ALMOND EGG WHITE PIZZA CRUST
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups egg whites, from about 8 large eggs
- ½ cup (2 ounces) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pan with a 12-inch circle of parchment paper and brush it with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk vigorously until the batter is smooth with no lumps. Pour it into the pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 15 minutes until puffed and starting to brown around the edges and on top.
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Place a 14-inch round pizza screen on top of the pan. Invert the pan so the crust falls onto the pizza screen with the bottom facing up. Gently peel off the parchment paper. Quickly and carefully flip the crust back over so the more browned side is facing up. Bake for 10 minutes more on the pizza screen.
- Slide the crust onto a 14-inch round pizza tray, layer on toppings of your choice, and bake in a 400-degree oven (on the pizza tray) for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
The batter for this pizza crust is very thin. Make sure your oven rack is level, otherwise the batter will pool to one side of the pan and you won’t get an even crust.
Serving: 2🍕slices | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 461mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook