Sweet potato fans will love the subtle sweet flavor in this hearty pizza crust. It’s fantastic topped with pork, chicken, or turkey.
SWEET POTATO OAT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST
- 1 large sweet potato (or two small), about 1 pound total weight
- ½ teaspoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke the sweet potato with the tines of a fork a few times and wrap it up in aluminum foil. Place on a pan and bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until it's tender and can be easily pierced with a toothpick through the foil.
- Once cool, remove the foil from the sweet potato and cut away the skin (discard). Place in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or the tines of a fork.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bowl, along with the rest of the ingredients, and combine thoroughly until you have a thick, sticky batter.
- Place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray and brush it with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Dump the batter into the center of the parchment/pizza tray, and, using an offset spatula spread it out to the edge of the parchment paper.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is just starting to brown around the edges.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen.
- Bake for 5 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray, layer on toppings of your choice, and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 390mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5gShare on Facebook