An awesome topping for pizza, but you’ll find a multitude of other great uses for these easy-to-make, sweet, sticky, delicious onions.
MAPLE ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS
- 2 large red onions, about 1 pound each
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each onion in half through the stem ends and then cut each half into 8 wedges. Peel away the skins.
- Cut each wedge into ½-inch-thick slices. Separate the onion layers and place them on a half sheet pan.
- Combine the vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the onions. Toss to evenly coat all the onions.
- Roast for 1 hour on the bottom rack of the oven, stirring once or twice midway through, until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
Serving: 2🍕ounces | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11gShare on Facebook