Grilled eggplant makes a fabulous topping for pizza, but it’s also an easy and healthy side dish.
TUSCAN GRILLED EGGPLANT
- 2 or 3 large eggplants (about 2-2½ pounds total) cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, up whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the olive oil mixture and grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove to a serving platter and garnish with parsley if desired.
Serving: 6🍕or 7 slices | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 183mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook