Only 1 net carb per serving (2 slices). Don’t let the unusual color of this pizza crust deceive you. It has great flavor and an authentic bread-like texture despite its appearance and carb count. Rolling it out is a little tricky (see the “notes” in the recipe card), but be patient and you’ll be rewarded in the most delicious way!
RUSTIC LOW CARB PIZZA CRUST
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup (2 ounces) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons (1½ ounces) psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray and brush it with the olive oil.
- Pour the water into a small bowl. Add the yeast and sugar and stir. Let it sit until the surface is foamy/bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix well.
- Dump the dough in the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper. Using the pizza roller, roll the dough out to the edge of the parchment. (See notes).
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen.
- Bake for 5 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper), layer on toppings of your choice, and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.