This is a great basic pizza sauce that comes together easily, requires no cooking, and has no added sugar. Fresh basil is a key ingredient in this sauce. In the winter months when fresh basil is not plentiful look for it frozen in cubes from this company. Many grocery stores carry this product and it’s usually in the frozen vegetable section.
NO-COOK CRUSHED TOMATO PIZZA SAUCE
- 1 – 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine and store in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze.