This naan inspired pizza crust, made with coconut milk, has crispy edges and a tender, chewy center.
NAAN PIZZA CRUST
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk, 1/2 of a 13.5 ounce can
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a 12-inch round pizza pan with a 12-inch circle of parchment paper and brush it with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Pour it into the pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 15 minutes or until brown around the edges. (See notes.)
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Place a 14-inch round pizza tray on top of the pizza pan. Invert the pan so the crust falls onto the pizza tray with the bottom facing up. Gently peel off the parchment paper.
- Layer on toppings of your choice and bake in a 400-degree oven (on the pizza tray) for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
The batter for this pizza crust is very thin. Make sure your oven rack is level, otherwise the batter will pool to one side of the pan and you won’t get an even crust.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3gShare on Facebook