One of the most simple and popular breakfast dishes made into a pizza crust. Golden, crispy, and utterly delicious!
HASH BROWN PIZZA CRUST
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2½ pounds russet/baking potatoes (about 3 large) peeled and finely shredded/grated
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pan with a 12-inch circle of parchment paper. Brush it with the olive oil.
- Working in batches, spoon the grated potatoes into a nut milk bag. Twist/squeeze it to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Dump the mixture into the pizza pan. Using an offset spatula, press/spread the mixture out into one even layer so it fills the pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Run the tip of a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Place a 14-inch round pizza screen on top of the pan and invert the pan so the crust falls onto the screen with the bottom facing up. Peel off the parchment paper. Quickly and carefully flip the crust back over so the more browned side is facing up. Bake for 15 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust onto a 14-inch round pizza tray and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake in a 400-degree oven for another 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 974mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2gShare on Facebook