Beer takes the place of yeast in this easy-to-prepare flavorful pizza crust. Beer drinkers love making pizza with this crust!
BEER PIZZA CRUST
- 1¾ cups (7½ ounces) all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out the dough
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (¾ cup) beer (half of a 12-ounce can)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a 12-inch circle of parchment paper in the center of a 14-inch round pizza tray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the beer and mix until a very sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough in the center of the pizza tray/parchment paper and sprinkle some flour on top. Using the pizza roller, roll the mixture out to the edge of the parchment paper. Sprinkle on more flour as you go, if needed, to prevent sticking.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, loosen the crust from the parchment paper and slide it onto a 14-inch round pizza screen. Bake for 5 minutes more on the pizza screen or until the bottom of the crust is nicely browned.
- Slide the crust back onto the pizza tray (minus the parchment paper) and layer on toppings of your choice. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until toppings are melted and/or heated through.
Serving: 2🍕slices (1/4 of crust) | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 331mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Tag @KookyPizza on Instagram and #KookyPizza!Share on Facebook